Booting Up The Old Hard Drives

Finally have everything updated and running in 64-bit.  I ran into some rather interesting scenarios where what worked in 32-bit, didn’t fly at all in 64-bit.  Anyway, it’s too hard and boring to explain here (lol).  The good thing is, all of the fixes that I came up with actually still work with Win32/x86.  So, I didn’t have to scatter a bunch of conditional compilation logic throughout the code.  Actually, all in all we did a pretty good job of writing code that was ready for the 64-bit transition.

OK, so this should have been done years ago.  But this was a major undertaking, because the Orion Engine codebase is huge!  Heck, just Orion Script alone is a pretty large SDK itself.  Orion Genesis is starting to become pretty deep too.

Oh yeah, I finally found my texture library on an old server/computer that was stored in the basement.  I’m pretty stoked.  Because I spent many years putting that library together, mostly from photos that I had taken over the years.  I’ve got some pretty nice tiles in there!

About Eric DeBrosse

Lead developer of the Orion Engine.
This entry was posted in Announcements, Engine Development, Hardware. Bookmark the permalink.