Orion Engine Plugin System

I’ve been pretty busy at work lately, which has hindered my development on the engine some.  However, I’m still pushing forward!

The plug-in system (used by the Orion Engine SDK, Orion Script, Orion Genesis, Been There Game, etc.) has been updated.  The loader code is more robust now, and better handles invalid/outdated modules.  There was a bug where an invalid module that was loaded would cause the application to give a warning and exit without the option to continue.

I’ve also been working on some of the tool applications.  I fixed a bug in the OrionResultLookup application.  Hexadecimal result strings were not always being properly converted to a signed result code.  Thus, not all error codes could be successfully looked up.  I also added an option where you can do a reverse lookup, i.e. select a result code such as “OE_S_OK” and the description, value, etc. will be displayed.

About Eric DeBrosse

Lead developer of the Orion Engine.
This entry was posted in Announcements, Engine Development. Bookmark the permalink.