The Orion Engine Wiki
Orion Engine is an advanced, cross-platform, real-time 3D rendering SDK (software development kit) and tool set. The main target audience for this product is the entertainment software industry, or more specifically, game development companies. However, any application developer that could benefit from using 3D rendering technology might find our software development kit extremely useful. Architectural walkthroughs, virtual tours, visualizations, kiosks, and medical imaging applications are just a few great examples. Create killer C++ applications, in a shorter amount of time, without having to worry about all of the low level details!
The carefully crafted Orion Engine code has been designed from the ground up to be fast. All of the applications, drivers, plug-ins and libraries were written primarily using object oriented C++ code. Where performance is critical, native processor-specific inline assembly language routines have been implemented. Applications built using the Orion Engine SDK framework can be expected to perform well under the most demanding conditions.
Please note that the development of the software development kit is still in the alpha stage. However, you can expect to see some demo applications coming soon! We are also working on an indie MMORPG project called Been There Game that utilizes the Orion Engine technology. A public beta of this product will be available in the near future.
Consult the main Orion Engine web site for further information.
- Getting the Orion Engine SDK
- Licensing the Orion Engine SDK
- Using the Orion Genesis World Builder
- Using the Orion Script IDE
- Using the Orion Engine SDK
- Creating a Simple Application
- Using the Orion Result Lookup Tool
- Using the Orion GUID Tool
- Using the Orion Network Tools
- Using the Orion Engine MDK
- Creating Platform Specific Drivers
- Creating Orion Genesis Plug-ins
- Creating Orion Script IDE Plug-ins
- Using the Orion Engine Asset Manager
- Supported File Formats
- Exporting Mesh Data From 3ds Max
- Exporting Mesh Data From Maya
- Importing Shaders and Effect Files
Useful External Links
- Orion Engine
- Orion Genesis
- Orion Script
- Orion Engine Forums
- Orion Engine Developer Blog
- Orion Engine Support
Copyright © 2002-2022 Mind Blown Games
All Rights Reserved